Summer 2020 Family Camp Details
While our traditional summer camp has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased to announce an alternative plan for this summer! While the large-group youth camp experience is on pause until next summer, campers can still enjoy some time at Kenbrook this summer, bringing parents and siblings along with them for a family experience they may have never had at Kenbrook before.
Here's the plan: Family units come together for a three day, two night, five meal, Kenbrook family camp experience, while observing social distancing guidelines in relation to guests who are not a part of their pre-registered group. Families will:
- Choose either a midweek (Tuesday-Thursday) or weekend (Friday-Sunday) option. Check in at Fairland Lodge between 3-5 pm on Day 1; check out between 10-12 am on Day 3.)
- Enjoy a private room for four (five with a cot) with private bathroom in one of our lodges. Rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before you arrive. (Room use will be rotated to allow rooms to sit empty for at least three days between each use. Please bring your own bedding and towels.)
- Have prepared meals delivered to your door which can be eaten outdoors or in your room (Day 1 Dinner; Day 2 Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Day 3 Breakfast).
- Enjoy typical camp activities such as archery, canoeing, fishing, and hiking. (Unfortunately the pool will not be open this summer due to financial constraints.)
- Enjoy use of the game plaza: gaga ball, basketball, volleyball, tether ball, and nine square. (Balls can be checked out by families and disinfected between uses, or you can bring your own.) You can also check out games such as corn hole, can jam, spike ball, etc.
- Bring your own favorite recreational equipment or family games to enjoy.
- Enjoy a campfire with smores.
- Visit the camp store to purchase a slushy, a snack, or some Kenbrook merchandise.
- Seek God together as a family with resources provided by Kenbrook.
- Take a self-guided "Jesus Walk" as a family to explore the life of Christ.
How much will this cost? Just like our normal summer camp program, we want to make sure that money is not an obstacle to families enjoying a summer experience at Kenbrook together. To that end, we are offering a tiered pricing system that mirrors the cost of summer camp, as well as additional confidential financial aid to those who need it. We also encourage churches to offer scholarship aid to families as they would for summer camp.
Cost for a 3-day experience for a family of up to four is the same as one week of summer camp for a single camper:
Tier A - $350 Tier B - $400 Tier C - $450
Larger family groups may be housed in either Koinonia Lodge or one of our cabins. Groups staying in cabins will be assigned a private bathhouse for their use only. (Additional fees will apply for groups larger than four people.)
Registration can be made by calling the Kenbrook office at (717) 865-4547 or emailing
Weekday Dates: June 16-18; June 23-25; June 30-July 2; July 14-16; July 21-23; July 28-30
Weekend Dates: June 19-21; June 26-28; July 10-12; July 17-19; July 24-26; July 31-August 2