The Mission of Kenbrook
To be like Christ in all relationships to facilitate a closer connection to God, self, others, and nature.
The Vision of Kenbrook
To know and be known: God, Self, Others and Nature.
Core Values of Kenbrook
- Worshiping God: We are intentional in building relationships and creating a welcoming environment for all to experience God and His Creation through Kenbrook Bible Camp and its staff.
- Others-Oriented Service: We demonstrate Christ-like compassion and selflessness towards others and create an environment of respect and free from distraction.
- Trustworthiness: We build trust through dependability, responsible actions and honest relationships, doing all things as if for Christ.
- Teamwork: We further Kenbrook’s mission by focusing on goals, collaboration and helping others joyfully.
- Stewardship: Through intentionally maintaining our buildings and property, we enhance a natural setting for all to experience God through His Creation.
The Brethren in Christ
Kenbrook was founded in 1949 by a Sunday School class from Fairland Brethren in Christ Church and in the 1970s it was officially taken under the ownership and leadership of the Atlantic Conference of the Brethren in Christ Church. Today Kenbrook still remains true to its BIC heritage and the core values of Kenbrook are a reflection of the 10 Core Values of the BIC. These values are the root of our ministry and our method. They are:
- Experiencing God’s love and grace
- Believing the Bible
- Worshiping God
- Following Jesus
- Belonging to a community of faith
- Witnessing to the world
- Serving compassionately
- Pursuing Peace
- Living Simply
- Relying on God
If you would like to learn more about the Brethren in Christ, feel free to visit their website by clicking one of the links above.